Covering the USCCB
• Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs.
• Evangelization and Catechesis.
• Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth.
• Child and Youth Protection.
associate general secretary for policy and advocacy
Picarello. He oversees four departments or secretariats:
• Department of Justice, Peace and Human Development.
• Department of Migration and Refugee Services.
• Secretariat of Catholic Education.
• Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities.
secretary of communications
(not an associate general secretary) is
Helen Osman. She oversees:
• Office of Media Relations.
• Catholic News Service.
• USCCB Publishing.
associate general secretary for administration
is Linda Hunt. She
oversees internal administrative and support services for the entire USCCB
staff, such as accounting, business services, general services, human resources
and information technology services. She also oversees the Office of National
Collections, which coordinates several national collections taken up each year
for church causes.
Office of the General Counsel
does not serve any particular pro-
grammatic committee of the bishops but is a source of legal advice to the
entire conference and supports the work of diocesan attorneys, state Catholic
conferences and other national, regional and local Catholic entities by provid-
ing advice on a variety of constitutional, tax, litigation and other matters.
CONTACTING THE USCCB
The USCCB Web site iswww.usccb.org . Al
l media inquiries should be directed
to the Office of Media Relations. Phone 202-541-3200.
For e-mail communications, the USCCB’s general address format for
all staff members is
<first initial plus last name>@usccb.org .